Rising Tide Interactive is seeking a Web Developer to work with the Creative and Strategy teams to create clean but engaging landing pages and microsites that drive people to action. The developer is someone who enjoys being at the forefront of modern digital standards and tactics, who also notices if something is 5px off-center. This position is a part-time, independent contracted position that works remotely on an as-needed basis.
Working with RTI, you will:
- Work with members of our Creative and Strategy teams to code, design, and test landing pages and microsites (eg. petition pages directed from email sends, landing pages for digital ads, standalone microsites, etc.)
- Ensure pages we create utilize web and coding best practices, are optimized for cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility, and are error-free
- Make design decisions based on client and project team guidance
- Make improvements to existing code and troubleshoot
- Prepare professional visual mockups and wireframes that are client-ready
- Actively communicate with project managers to ensure timeline and quality expectations are met
- Produce high quality work you’re proud of on a tight schedule
We’re looking for someone with:
- 2+ years of professional experience as a developer
- Experience communicating with developers, designers, account managers, and others at varying technical levels about development project needs, goals, and expectations
- Experience with graphic design and an understanding of the importance of design principles
- Knowledge of security best practices in the current digital environment
- Experience configuring WordPress and/or other content management systems
- An extreme attention to detail
- An interest in progressive politics
- Some familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Salsa, BSD, and/or back-end technologies are a plus
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2019 and 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and examples of work to [email protected] with the subject line Web Developer, and tell us where you heard about the job!