Rising Tide Interactive is looking for help with video production on a contract basis. This person will plan and shoot original video on-location for use in digital creative. The majority of this footage will be direct to camera interviews and B-roll.
This is part-time, independent contract work that occurs on an as-needed basis. This position requires a flexible schedule and travel across the US.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and facilitate on-location video production, including logistics of location scouting, shoot setup, filming, lighting, editing, sound, and output compression
- Travel to shoot locations across the US
- Assemble shooting schedules; coordinate your own travel and equipment including:
- Lighting (At least basic 3 point lighting)
- Sound (Indoor and outdoor boom, LAVs, and recorders)
- Camera and gimbal package
- Lens kit (Ideally a set of 21mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 85+mm)
- Call Sheets
- Hot Spots
- Filters and polarizers for shooting indoors/outdoors and interviews
- Set up and manage small video shoots independently or piggy-back off a prepared TV firm’s shoot set-up to shoot content for digital video
- Translate concepts into workplans and deliverables
- Determine visually appealing shot compositions
- Monitor and QA footage during and after the shoot
- Participate in all aspects of the video creation process from planning/storyboarding to edits like color correction and sound editing
Qualifications, knowledge & skills required:
- Zebra – Check! Waveform – Check! False Color – Check! Mono vs. Stereo – Check! Channel 1&2 vs. 3&4 – Check! We are looking for somebody with a hyper awareness of technical details such as exposure, color, and audio levels.
- Knowledge of the entire production process (pre-production, production, post-production)
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Media Encoder, Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Studio
- Extensive knowledge of video codecs, audio sync programs, and video output best practices
- Knowledge of media asset management platforms and solutions
- Experience with both Cinema and DSLR cameras such as (A7SII, GH5, RED series, Sony C series, Alexa, Black Magic Ursa, etc.)
- Experience with gimbal and drone setups
- Top-notch project management skills — excellent organization, communication, flexibility and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor; ability to work well with people at all levels and ability to navigate relationships with other creatives
- Flexible availability including nights and weekends
- Ability to turn around projects and respond to edits quickly
- Awareness of YouTube, Vimeo, Hulu and rapidly evolving digital video landscape
- Minimum of two years of experience in a professional video production environment
- Experience shooting direct person-to-camera videos in a variety of environments
- Experience directing a small production crew
- Experience working with Democratic political candidates or organizations
- Interest in progressive/Democratic politics
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide was founded in 2011 to bridge the divide between the digital and progressive political communities. Since then, we’ve worked with top-tier clients like Ready for Hillary, Planned Parenthood, the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, American Heart Association, the USO, and dozens of Democratic U.S. Senate and gubernatorial candidates.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and a link to your demo reel of video projects you have led or substantially contributed on to [email protected] with the subject line VIDEO PRODUCTION, and please tell us where you heard about the job!
No calls please.