- Are you a creative and persuasive writer?
- Are you interested in progressive politics and defeating Republicans in 2020?
- Do you have experience crafting digital-first and/or political video content?
We’re looking for a trendsetting video writer to join our team as a digital video content strategist! In this position, you’ll be collaborating with our video team, account teams and other content strategists to draft video scripts that drive engagement, donations, and interest from online audiences and advance our clients’ goals.
This is a cycle position through November 2020 with the possibility of an extension based on mutual interest and business needs.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Contribute creative video concepts and assist client and creative teams with video ideation
- Research, draft, and edit compelling digital-first video scripts to effectively communicate client messaging and meet campaign/organizational fundraising goals
- Write copy to accompany your videos including ad copy, landing page copy, and more
- Collaborate with client strategy team to translate campaign research and polling into compelling video spots in a variety of lengths
- Collaborate with the design and video teams to stay on top of current styles and best practices, and help our clients be digital trendsetters
- Fact-check and review outgoing client deliverables (scripts and video) to make sure only the best content leaves our firm
- Assist the Associate Director of Content Strategy with RTI marketing content (e.g., blogs, social content) and business development materials (e.g., sample videos)
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 2–3 years of professional experience in video scripting for political content and/or digital content
- Can articulate how they’d go about writing for 5 distinct people/voices in one day
- Understands digital video best practices and can point to past work in the digital space
- Is able to provide meaningful visual direction to video editors and build compelling visual ideas into scripts
- Shows genuine interest in advancing progressive candidates and causes
- Inspires others through their creative ideation and inventive script ideas
- A strong collaborator who’s excited to work with RTI’s video editors, designers, and creative team members
- Is a multi-tasking wizard with excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Takes constructive feedback well and incorporates it into future work
- Experience translating poll-tested messaging into video creative is desired but not required
- This position is based in our office in Washington, DC.
About Rising Tide Interactive:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] (with the subject line “Digital Video Content Strategist”). In the email, please also include a :15 video script about why your resume should be at the top of the pile. Creativity encouraged. No calls please.