Rising Tide Interactive is seeking to establish relationships with sharp, detail-oriented proofreaders and editors to work with our business development and client strategy teams. Because of some of the industry-specific nuance and jargon within the digital political space, we hope to build a small team of freelancers that we can work with repeatedly over time. This position is a part-time, independent contracted position that works remotely on an as-needed basis.
Working with RTI, you will:
- Review business development materials, such as proposals, pitch decks, RFPs, etc., to ensure our agency is putting its best foot forward every time
- Occasionally review client materials developed for a diverse group of high-profile Democratic candidates and progressive nonprofits
- Communicate reasoning for stylistic or substantive copyedits to the RTI team so that we can collectively work to improve written materials moving forward and establish consistency
We’re looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated work history as a proofreader/editor
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience exercising discretion with confidential or sensitive documents
- Strong grasp of grammar and writing fundamentals
- Familiarity with AP style
- General availability that would allow for the turnaround of a 10-20 page business document within 24 hours
- An interest in Democratic/progressive politics
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2019 and 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Send your resume, a cover letter, and samples of edited work to [email protected] with the subject line PROOFREADER/EDITOR, and please tell us where you heard about the job! No calls please.