We’re looking for a creative and flexible motion graphics designer with 2+ years of professional experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is interested in creating digital content. Our ideal candidate is someone who is both knowledgeable and curious about the quickly changing best practices of digital video creative, and who will notice if something is 5px off-center.
This position is a cycle position through November 2020 with the possibility of an extension based on mutual interest and business needs.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Create and edit digital videos from start to finish – this includes a variety of motion projects including creating animated text, illustrations, and motion effects, as well as working with existing and stock assets
- Independently develop creative concepts and make design decisions based on client branding (text design, motion graphics, visual and audio effects)
- Communicate and collaborate with a team to come up with creative strategy and direction
- Oversee and actively track timelines, project communications and deliverables for a variety of motion projects
- Help to ensure there is adequate visual conceptualization and direction in scripts provided to video editing and production contractors
- Quality assurance of creative projects
- Find and manage stock video and B-roll, voiceover artists, and sound
- Ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced work environment, and communicate necessary timeline adjustments to the team when needed
- Make recommendations about the company’s video production equipment needs and processes
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of motion graphics and graphic design experience
- 2+ years of professional project management experience
- Education or professional experience in a design-related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop) and understanding of the most up-to-date video software, tactics, and trends
- Knowledge of media asset management platforms and solutions
- Top-notch project management skills — excellent organization, communication, flexibility and attention to detail
- Quick editing skills with an eye for type and design fundamentals
- Strong sensibility for compelling pacing, music, graphics, type, and storytelling
- Professional demeanor; ability to work well with people at all levels and ability to navigate relationships with other creatives
- Superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- The ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues
- Interest or experience in progressive politics
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
About Rising Tide Interactive:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2019 and 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and a link to your portfolio/reel to [email protected] with the subject line “Motion Graphics Designer”. No calls please.