We’re looking for a creative and flexible designer with 0-2 years of professional experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is interested in creating digital content. Our ideal candidate is someone who is curious about the quickly changing best practices of digital creative, and who will notice if something is 5px off-center.
This position is a cycle position through November 2020 with the possibility of an extension based on mutual interest and business needs.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Work directly with our dedicated team of graphic designers, content strategists, and video editors to produce original content for Democratic and non-profit clients
- Design animated and static online ads, email graphics, social media ads and share graphics, rapid response creative, and more
- Produce innovative deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate and collaborate with the team to come up with design strategy
- Make a direct impact on the elections across the country in 2020
We’re looking for someone:
- Highly proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects)
- Resourceful and highly organized with extreme attention to detail
- Creative, thoughtful, and curious about design and the digital political landscape
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks
- Familiar with current design styles and trends and understands the importance of design principles
- Interested in new and upcoming mediums and techniques
- Receptive to feedback
- Passionate and proud of their work
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience in Adobe Animate for HTML web banners
- An interest in progressive politics and the impact of art in politics
- Internship or other professional design experience
- Salary band: $40,000–$50,000
- This is a cycle position through November 2020 with the possibility of an extension based on mutual interest and business needs.
- Currently Rising Tide Interactive offices are closed and all employees are working remotely. For the right candidate, we are open to this role remaining remote throughout the election cycle.
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and a link to your portfolio or work samples to [email protected] with the subject line Junior Designer, and please tell us where you heard about the job! No calls please.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.