Rising Tide Interactive is seeking a Director of Operations who is eager to join a team of 25-30 progressive technologists, creatives and administrative staff in a leadership role. We’re looking for an experienced, strategic, and process-minded leader with skills and capabilities in scaling an organization, developing and implementing systems to support our growing team, and overseeing a range of responsibilities, including human resources, financial management, technology and office management.
We’re looking for:
The Director of Operations must be a highly-organized leader with a track record of implementing large-scale, internal and external operations projects, managing a team and working to build a positive and effective workplace culture.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in human resources, including payroll, benefits management, onboarding and offboarding, hiring and recruitment, development of employee trainings and manuals and resolving employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
- Working knowledge of standard business financial practices, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, profit and loss statements and annual budgets
- Experience in a role/s with primary or significant responsibility for organizational finance, including both day-to-day financial management and long-term planning and budgeting, desired but not required
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop staff
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues.
About the position:
The Director of Operations reports directly to the Partners, and is responsible for managing the organization’s internal office operations, human resource management, and administrative processes, procedures, and compliance. The Director of Operations is also responsible for overseeing, or managing staff who oversee, all aspects of the financial health and operational management of the organization including the preparation of the annual budget, month-end reconciliations and financial statement reporting to the partners. S/he is responsible for managing accounting and administrative staff.
Responsible for the delivery of a wide range of HR services to the partners and employees.
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies consistent with Rising Tide Interactive’s organizational culture
- Manage employee relations issues and concerns
- Work with Partners and managers to develop training and resources that focus on enhancing performance and organizational development
- Oversee and communicate the development and implementation of policies and procedures and employee handbook
- Ensure HR state and federal compliance pertaining to personnel matters
- Oversee company benefits plans (and third party vendors), with emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective competitive benefits package
- Assist partners and staff in hiring, performance management, and performance evaluations for all employees
- Oversee new employee onboarding
- Coordinate and/or conduct exit interviews
- Work with managers and Partners to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development
- Collaborate with the Partners to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objective of the organization
- Ensure a positive organizational culture and promote work-life balance for employees
- Maintain all confidential personnel files
- Other HR duties as required
Operations and administrative:
In conjunction with administrative support staff, responsible for leadership and overseeing the vision necessary to ensure that the organization has the proper operational controls, technological infrastructure, administrative procedures and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure operating efficiency.
- Arrange for purchase, installation and implementation of infrastructure, technology, physical and cyber security procedures
- Ensure facilities are a safe and effective workplace
- Serve as liaison with building management
- Oversee administrative support vendors and contract negotiations
- Negotiates the purchases of office supplies, furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policy and budgetary restrictions
- Supervises and manages overall administrative activities and office processes and internal systems
- Oversee the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, etc.
- Supervises and oversees the reception area/staff to maintain professional image
- Other administrative duties as required
The Director of Operations will oversee the work of the Accounting Manager and assist as needed with financial planning and budget management for the organization, including developing and implementing accounting processes procedures.
In coordination with the Accounting Manager, the Director of Operations will:
- Prepare and present the annual budget.
- Regularly update the budget based on actual financial activity, and propose necessary adjustments
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to the partners
- Develop and oversee cash-flow projections process and reporting
- Manage all banking activities
- Manage the corporate tax preparation process with outside accountants
- Day-to-day activities of supervising and assisting the accounting staff in accounts receivables and payables
- Develop and maintain accounting systems and internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to achieve organizational goals
- Provide financial advice and knowledge to partners
- Other financial duties as required
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2019 and 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Director of Operations, and tell us where you heard about the job!