Rising Tide Interactive is hiring a Director of HR and Operations to lead the company’s Operations department. This position reports to the CEO and oversees all office/infrastructure management, human resources, employee engagement, and compliance, as well as assisting our internal accounting team as needed. We’re looking for an organized, motivated individual who is comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment of about 50 staff; experience at a campaign, campaign committee, state party, PAC, political consulting firm or other political organization is strongly preferred.
All of our staff are currently remote and will not be required to return to the office until at least January 2022; however, given the nature of this position candidates currently located in the Washington, DC area (or willing to relocate) will be given strong preference.
The salary band for this position is currently $86,000 to $105,000. We are willing to consider a more senior title and higher salary for candidates with significant additional directly relevant experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Operations department which is responsible for the organization’s workspace and day-to-day oﬃce operations
- Manage and improve human resources operations including: training, career development, mentorship, compensation and benefits (health care, retirement, transportation, etc.), employee relations, performance and promotion evaluation, and recruiting
- Supervise and mentor the HR Manager, Executive Assistant, and Operations Assistant
- Participate in senior staff discussions and projects; collaborate with heads of Creative, Client Strategy, Media and Accounting departments to ensure an optimal employee experience across the company
- Manage company-wide onboarding and offboarding processes; and support department-specific processes as needed
- Maintain HRIS and confidential/secure employee documents
- Manage virtual oﬃce systems such as Slack, Dropbox, and LastPass; serve as a primary liaison with vendors and service providers
- Foster an inclusive and equitable culture by supporting an open-door policy and environment
- Lead Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts with the support of a dedicated outside consultant
- Update and maintain employee handbook
- Collaborate with accounting team as needed, including state registrations
- Payroll processing and payroll tax processing
- Ensure proper execution and documentation for all firewall agreements
- Oversee the evaluation of the needs and structure of office space and virtual work environment post-pandemic to ensure a strong and connected team, as well as re-establishing operations of our Washington, DC headquarters
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years of professional experience in an HR or Operations role, ideally at a political, electoral or advocacy organization (campaign, campaign committee, PAC, state party, political consultancy, etc.), including at least 2 years in a supervisory role
- Strong experience leading successful projects aimed to improve diversity and inclusion within a campaign and/or organization
- Advanced knowledge of HR and compliance best practices
- Advanced knowledge and/or experience managing payroll and HRIS platforms
- Basic understanding of FEC and/or state firewall policies and procedures, or a desire to learn them
- Some experience managing equipment, technology, and/or software among a large group of people by serving as an administrator of accounts
- Proficiency in platforms such as GSuite, Slack, DropBox, Harvest, Trello, LastPass, etc. and ability to learn new platforms
- Experience managing external relationships related to an organization’s basic operations
- Some experience/knowledge working with others to proactively address cybersecurity concerns across an organization and for individual staff members
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- High respect for discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to draft high-quality correspondence and written materials
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Flexible and collaborative; not interested in silos or turf wars
- Shares our commitment to racial equity, social justice, and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture
- Comfortable with technology and learning new platforms
- Knowledgeable or excited to learn about the inner-workings of a digital media company
- Invested in leadership development, both for yourself and the larger team
- Able to navigate competing priorities, de-escalate conflicts and develop new processes for our growing organization
- Comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons
How to apply:
How to apply: Please send a résumé and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Director of HR and Operations – [your name]” and let us know how you heard about the job!
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2022.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.