The Video Production Specialist works with the creative team to shoot original video on-location and edit that footage in post-production. This position is a part-time, independent contracted position that works remotely on an as-needed basis. This position requires a flexible schedule and travel across the US.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and facilitate on-location video production, including logistics, filming, lighting, editing, sound, and output compression
- Traveling to shoot locations across the US
- Assembling shooting schedules; coordinating your own travel and equipment (own equipment or are able to coordinate renting equipment)
- Ability to set up and manage a small video shoot independently or piggy-back off a prepared TV firm’s shoot set-up to shoot content for digital video
- Manage all aspects of the video creation process from participating in planning/storyboarding to final product edits like color correction and sound editing
- Identifying best locations for shoots within set parameters
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of the entire production process (pre-production, production, post-production)
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro or Final Cut Studio
- Knowledge of YouTube, Vimeo and rapidly evolving digital landscape
- Knowledge of media asset management platforms and solutions
- Top-notch project management skills — excellent organization, communication, flexibility and attention to detail
- Experience translating concepts into workplans and deliverables
- Professional demeanor; ability to work well with people at all levels and ability to navigate relationships with other creatives
- Flexible availability including nights and weekends
- Ability to turn around projects and respond to edits quickly
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two years of experience in a professional video editing/producing environment
- Experience shooting direct person-to-camera videos
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience working with political candidates
- Interest in progressive/Democratic politics
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide was founded in 2011 to bridge the divide between the digital and progressive political communities. Since then, we’ve worked with top-tier clients like Ready for Hillary, Planned Parenthood, the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, American Heart Association, the USO, and dozens of Democratic U.S. Senate and gubernatorial candidates.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and a link to your demo reel of video projects you have led or substantially contributed on to [email protected] with the subject line VIDEO SHOOTER/EDITOR, and please tell us where you heard about the job!
No calls please.