We’re looking for creative, experienced, and flexible video and motion graphics editors who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are interested in creating digital content. Our ideal candidate is someone who is both knowledgeable and curious about the quickly changing best practices of digital video creative, and who will notice if something is 5px off-center.
This position is a part-time, independent contracted position that works remotely on an as-needed basis.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Create and edit digital videos from start to finish – this includes a variety of motion projects ranging from composited text, graphics, stock footage, and effects over footage to completely animated videos
- Independently develop creative concepts and make design decisions (text design, motion graphics, visual and audio effects)
- Oversee and actively track timelines, project communications and deliverables for a variety of video projects
- Quality assurance of video projects
- Find and manage stock video and B-roll, voiceover artists and background sound
- Ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced work environment, and communicate necessary timeline adjustments to the team when needed
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe After Effects and Premiere) and understanding of the most up-to-date video software, tactics, and trends
- Knowledge of media asset management platforms and solutions
- Knowledge of the entire production process, from pre- to post-production
- Top-notch project management skills — excellent organization, communication, flexibility and attention to detail
- Quick editing skills with an eye for type and design fundamentals
- Strong sensibility for compelling pacing, music, graphics, type, and storytelling
- The ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues
- Interest or experience in progressive politics is preferred
Required Education and Experience:
- 2 years+ of motion graphic design experience
- 2 years+ of video editing experience
- 2 years+ of project management experience
- 1+ year of experience with digital video tactics
- Education or professional experience in a design-related discipline is preferred
- This position can be based anywhere in the United States. All candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. as a precondition of employment. RTI does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2019 and 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and a link to your demo reel or examples of motion graphics work to [email protected] with the subject line Video Editor Remote Contract. No calls please.