We’re looking for a creative and flexible video and motion graphics editor with 2+ years of professional experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is interested in creating digital content. Our ideal candidate is someone who is both knowledgeable and curious about the quickly changing best practices of digital video creative, and who will notice if something is 5px off-center.
This is a full-time cycle position through November 2020 with the possibility of an extension based on mutual interest and business needs. This position can be based at our Washington DC offices. For the right candidate we are open to remote work, especially for individuals who want to work outside of traditional EST hours.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Create and edit digital videos from start to finish – this includes a variety of motion projects ranging from composited text, graphics, stock footage, and effects over footage to completely animated videos
- Independently develop creative concepts and make design decisions (text design, motion graphics, visual and audio effects)
- Oversee and actively track timelines, project communications and deliverables for a variety of video projects, in both video editor and project manager roles
- Quality assurance of video projects
- Manage, organize, and make recommendations about the company’s video production equipment needs and processes, including managing footage and backups
- Find and manage stock video and B-roll, voiceover artists and background sound
- Ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced work environment, and communicate necessary timeline adjustments to the team when needed
- Communicate and collaborate with a team to come up with creative strategy and direction
- Assist with video shoots as needed
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe After Effects and Premiere) and understanding of the most up-to-date video software, tactics, and trends
- Knowledge of media asset management platforms and solutions
- Knowledge of the entire production process, from pre- to post-production
- Top-notch project management skills — excellent organization, communication, flexibility and attention to detail
- Quick editing skills with an eye for type and design fundamentals
- Strong sensibility for compelling pacing, music, graphics, type, and storytelling
- Professional demeanor; ability to work well with people at all levels and ability to navigate relationships with other creatives
- Superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- The ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues
- Highly motivated, action oriented, and client focused
- Interest or experience in progressive politics is preferred
Required Education and Experience:
- 2 years+ of motion graphic design experience
- 2 years+ of video editing experience
- 2 years+ of project management experience
- 1+ year of experience with digital video tactics
- Education or professional experience in a design-related discipline is preferred
- This position can be based at our Washington DC offices. For the right candidate we are open to remote work, especially for individuals who want to work outside of traditional EST hours.
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and a link to your demo reel or examples of motion graphics work to [email protected] with the subject line Video Editor Full Time. No calls please.