Rising Tide Interactive is seeking a Human Resource Coordinator who is eager to join a team of 60-70 progressive technologists, creatives, and administrative staff. We are looking for an experienced, strategic, and process-minded team player that is comfortable with building systems and processes to support a growing team. The ideal candidate will support the HR Department and oversee a range of responsibilities including office management. Candidate must also have strong organization and communication skills and understand the needs and values of a progressive workforce.
What we are looking for:
This is a great opportunity for someone to hit the ground running in a fast-paced working environment. The Human Resource Coordinator must be highly-organized team player who has experience working in a company with 50+ employees and has a track record of creating and maintaining a positive and effective workplace. We encourage those with great personalities, a fun sense of humor, and a can-do attitude to apply!
Specific requirements include:
- 3-5 years of HR professional experience with a solid understanding of human resources standards and best practices
- Ability to build professional relationships across cross-functional departments
- Strong balance of interpersonal / people skills and analytical skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information / situations in strict confidence and in appropriate, professional manner
- Background in Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations or issue-driven nonprofits is desired but not required
- Familiarity with HRIS systems, payroll systems, employee timekeeping systems
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite; tech savvy; general PC efficiency
- Familiarity with ACA, E-Verify, DC and federal employment laws
Specific requirements include:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
As a member of our team, you will:
- Assist the Director of Operations with various projects including the HR paperwork process and creating reports
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding; assists with exit interviews
- Manage the planning and coordination of colleague engagement events during and after work hours
- Help implement a positive employee benefit package responsive to employee needs
- Implement diversity equality and inclusion initiatives
- Create employee programs and initiatives that better the morale, culture and inclusiveness of the company
- Help build systems and processes that create consistency throughout the company
- Manage office maintenance requests
- Help create HR policies and procedures that are up-to-date and consistent with local and federal law
- Manage the design and roll-out of performance management process
- Research trainings for staff
- Manage vendor accounts and deliveries
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
This position is based in our office in Washington, DC. This job operates in a business casual office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Travel is primarily local during the business day.
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACS, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change.
We prioritize a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] attention to Antonette Russell, subject line HR Coordinator, and tell us where you heard about the job.