- Are you a creative and persuasive writer?
- Are you ready to continue fighting to advance progressive politics and defeat Republicans in 2020?
- Do you have experience managing a team of content producers?
- Do you have a background in crafting persuasive email programs and digital ads?
Rising Tide Interactive’s Director of Digital Content Strategy is a member of our senior staff who leads the day-to-day operations of our content strategy department.
As Director of Digital Content Strategy, you will work with the Client Strategy and Creative teams to oversee the direction, production, and overarching strategy of the compelling content ideated and written for our clients’ needs across email marketing, digital advertising, and social media.
You’ll also participate in strategic conversations and decisions about content strategy and set and implement processes that allow for our team to be as efficient as possible.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Oversee day-to-day workflow of the content strategy department, working with a diverse array of political, advocacy, and nonprofit clients
- Maintain and develop infrastructure to meet all of the agency’s copywriting needs and monitor workload and product of the content team
- Manage, hire, and train junior and senior level content strategists and digital video content strategists
- Identify and implement opportunities for creative messaging and campaign concepts, and participate in strategic conversations and decisions for clients
- Work with content strategists, video editors, and the vice president of creative to produce effective and innovative digital-first video
- Work to ensure that our offerings are innovative and sufficient to exceed client expectations, using cross-client data to make recommendations for new content
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to set the direction of the department and other company initiatives
- Produce content for all digital media — videos, websites, advertising campaigns, email marketing, social media, and more
- Collaborate with designers within the creative department to ensure brand and messaging consistency on high-level creative content
- Produce and proof proposals and marketing materials, pitch new business, and mentor direct reports in developing new business skills
We’re looking for:
- Someone who has at least five years professional experience writing for digital channels in a political environment including email marketing programs, advertising and branding campaigns, video scripts, websites, etc.
- Someone who has experience creating content for diverse audiences
- Someone who has professional experience managing a multi-person team
- Someone who has professional experience working directly with account managers, strategists, and creatives and has experience with relationship building and problem solving across teams
- Someone who is tuned into and embraces the rapidly changing digital media landscape, ready to pivot whenever platforms change their rules, audiences begin to react differently, or test results provide insight into new best practices
- A passionate team member who is excited about Democratic candidates and causes, ideally with experience in political communications
- Someone who understands the power of words and enjoys finding the precise and intentional language that will drive people to action
- Salary band: $86,000–$105,000
- This position is based in our office in Washington, DC.
- Currently Rising Tide Interactive offices are closed and all employees are working remotely until January 2, 2021.
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Send your resume and a 140 character summary of why you are a good fit for this position to [email protected] with the subject line Director of Digital Content Strategy. Creativity welcome and encouraged. No calls please.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.