We’re looking for a creative and persuasive writer with a strong interest in progressive politics to join our team as a content strategist! You’ll be working with our senior strategists and account teams to draft email, ad, and social copy that drives clicks, shares, and donations from online audiences.
This is a cycle position through November 2020 with the possibility of an extension based on mutual interest and business needs. This position can be based at our Washington DC offices. For the right candidate we are open to remote work, especially for individuals who want to work outside of traditional EST hours.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Research, draft, and edit compelling digital copy to effectively communicate client messaging and meet campaign/organizational fundraising goals
- Contribute creative content ideas and assist client teams with content ideation
- Work with senior strategists and client teams to create and monitor A/B tests and optimize client content based on results
- Collaborate with graphic designers and the video team to stay on top of current styles and best practices, and help our clients be digital trendsetters
- Fact-check and review outgoing client deliverables to make sure only the best copy leaves our firm
- Assist the Associate Director of Content Strategy with RTI marketing content (e.g., blogs, social content, brochures) and business development materials (e.g., proposal proofing, one-pagers, pitch decks)
- Perform other duties as assigned
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 2–3 years of professional experience in persuasive and/or political writing
- Can articulate how they’d go about writing for 5 distinct people/voices in one day
- Understands digital best practices and can point to past work in the digital space
- Shows genuine interest in advancing progressive candidates and causes
- Inspires others through their writing and creative ideation
- Is a multi-tasker with excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Will always spot the missing Oxford comma, along with other minute but important details
- Takes constructive feedback well and incorporates it into future work
- This position can be based at our Washington DC offices. For the right candidate we are open to remote work, especially for individuals who want to work outside of traditional EST hours.
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2019 and 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Send an email that would convince someone to take action and open your resume to [email protected] (with the subject line “Content Strategist”). Think of a “sign this petition” or “read our report” email, but one that sells you to our team. Please attach your resume and a 140 character summary of why we should hire you. Creativity welcome and encouraged. No calls please.