We’re looking for an excellent and persuasive writer with 1-2 years of professional experience and a strong interest in progressive politics to join our team as a writer and editor. This is a junior-level position; we will provide training.
Rising Tide Interactive is a full-service digital marketing firm based in Washington, D.C. We’ve helped elect Democrats up and down the ballot, worked with some of the nation’s most prominent labor unions and progressive advocacy groups, and raised millions online for our clients. Some of our clients have included Ready for Hillary, Planned Parenthood, the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, the American Heart Association, the USO, and dozens of Democratic U.S. Senate, House, and gubernatorial candidates. We’re a team of smart, fun, digital-savvy people who care about electing Democrats and aiding progressive causes.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has professional experience in persuasive writing (whether that’s in marketing or another field) and who has a strong interest in and/or experience with political campaigns, committees, or nonprofits. You read digital communications from your favorite progressive candidates and want to learn how to write them.
What you’ll do:
- Research, draft, and edit compelling email and digital content to effectively communicate client messaging and meet campaign fundraising goals
- Contribute creative content ideas
- Work with client teams to stay current on messaging and strategy
- Draft RTI marketing content and business development materials, as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years related experience
- Excellent and demonstrable writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience writing for persuasion (that is, convincing an audience to take an action)
- Knowledge of and genuine interest in promoting progressive candidates and causes
- Able to inspire others through writing
- Able to capture a client’s unique voice
- Superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- Able to work and communicate within a team structure while able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Able to take direction and incorporate feedback
We’re committed to creating a sustainable and inclusive professional environment, and offer a range of benefits, including:
- 100% employer-paid health, dental and vision plans for employees
- 401K plan with employer match
- Open leave policy
- Transit benefit
- Paid parental leave
- New, Metro-accessible office
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample of no more than 300 words to [email protected] with the subject line Junior Writer, and tell us where you heard about the job! The writing sample should demonstrate your persuasive writing ability; we’re not looking for college essays.
No calls please.