Rising Tide Interactive is seeking a Director of HR/Operations who is eager to join a team of 35-40 progressive technologists, creatives and administrative staff in a leadership role. We’re looking for an experienced, strategic, and process-minded leader with skills and capabilities in scaling an organization, developing and implementing systems to support our growing team, and overseeing a range of responsibilities, including human resources, technology, and office management.
We’re looking for:
The Director of Operations must be a highly-organized leader with a track record of implementing large-scale, internal and external operations projects, managing a team and working to build a positive and effective workplace culture.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in human resources, including payroll, benefits management, onboarding and offboarding, hiring and recruitment, development of employee trainings and manuals and resolving employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop staff
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Must have superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues
- Strong preference for an HR related certification
About the position:
The Director of Operations reports directly to the Partners, and is responsible for managing the organization’s internal office operations, human resource management, and administrative processes, procedures, and compliance. S/he is responsible for managing accounting and administrative staff. This is a senior staff position that will participate in weekly meetings with the firm’s most senior leadership.
- Responsible for the delivery of a wide range of HR services to the partners and employees.
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies consistent with Rising Tide Interactive’s organizational culture
- Manage employee relations issues and concerns
- Work with Partners and managers to develop training and resources that focus on enhancing performance and organizational development
- Oversee and communicate the development and implementation of policies and procedures and employee handbook
- Ensure HR state and federal compliance pertaining to personnel matters
- Oversee company benefits plans (and third party vendors), with emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective competitive benefits package
- Assist partners and staff in hiring, performance management, and performance evaluations for all employees – including completing background checks as necessary
- Oversee new employee onboarding
- Coordinate and/or conduct exit interviews
- Work with managers and Partners to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development
- Collaborate with the Partners to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objective of the organization
- Ensure a positive organizational culture and promote work-life balance for employees
- Maintain all confidential personnel files
- Other HR duties as required
Operations and administrative:
In conjunction with administrative support staff, responsible for leadership and overseeing the vision necessary to ensure that the organization has the proper operational controls, technological infrastructure, administrative procedures and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure operating efficiency.
- Arrange for purchase, installation and implementation of infrastructure, technology, physical and cyber security procedures
- Ensure facilities are a safe and effective workplace
- Serve as liaison with building management
- Oversee administrative support vendors and contract negotiations
- Negotiates the purchases of office supplies, furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policy and budgetary restrictions
- Supervises and manages overall administrative activities and office processes and internal systems
- Oversee the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, etc.
- Supervises and oversees the reception area/staff to maintain professional image
- Other administrative duties as required
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2019 and 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject
line Director of Operations, and tell us where you heard about the job!