The Digital Advertising Content Strategist is responsible for creating engaging and authentic digital advertising content that mobilizes supporters and persuades voters. This position is responsible for writing, editing, and developing content for advertising campaigns with a variety of objectives.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Researches, develops and writes compelling advertising content that is consistent with each client’s unique voice.
- Learns the nuances of each client’s messaging objectives and develops a content strategy that meets them.
- Identifies, researches, and recommends opportunities available for new content based on cross-client trends.
- Works with the Digital Advertising Directors and Digital Advertising Managers to understand the latest developments with each client’s messaging and strategy.
- Works with the Creative Director and Graphic Designers to develop compelling creative concepts.
- Works with Digital Advertising Coordinators to prepare creative documents for client distribution and review.
- Assists with improving the quality of content produced by others, including through editing and proofreading
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge and genuine interest in promoting progressive causes and candidates.
- Excellent and demonstrable writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience in content creation and planning.
- Ability to capture a client’s unique voice.
- Ability to use data analytics to inform writing approach.
- Ability to understand polling data and incorporate it into content strategy.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects when assigned.
- Must have superior project and time management capabilities within a fast paced, high productivity environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical problems or issues.
- Able to work and communicate within a team structure while able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be highly motivated, action oriented, and client focused
Required Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years related experience, preferably in digital or editorial communications in a campaign or non-profit environment.
- Experience writing for advertising, marketing campaigns, online fundraising or advocacy, direct mail or persuasion mail.
We’re committed to creating a sustainable and inclusive professional environment, and offer a range of benefits, including:
- 100% employer-paid health, dental and vision plans for employees
- 401K plan with employer match
- Open leave policy
- Transit benefit
- Paid parental leave
- New, Metro-accessible office
How to apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to [email protected]. No calls please.