Rising Tide Interactive’s Associate Director of Content Strategy is a member of our senior staff who leads the day-to-day operations of our content strategy department. As Associate Director of Content Strategy, you will work with the Client Strategy and Creative teams to oversee the direction, production, and overarching strategy of the compelling content created for our clients’ needs across email marketing, digital advertising, and social media. You’ll also participate in strategic conversations and decisions about content strategy and set and implement processes that allow for our team to be as efficient as possible.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Oversee day-to-day workflow of the content strategy department, working with a diverse array of political, advocacy, and nonprofit clients
- Maintain and develop infrastructure to meet all of the agency’s copywriting needs and monitor workload and product of the content team
- Manage, hire, and train junior and senior level content strategists
- Identify and implement opportunities for creative messaging and campaign concepts, and participate in strategic conversations and decisions for clients
- Collaborate with designers and editors within the creative department to ensure brand and messaging consistency on high-level video and graphic content
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to set the direction of the department and other company initiatives
- Work to ensure that our offerings are innovative and sufficient to exceed client expectations, using cross-client data to make recommendations for new content
- Produce content for all digital media — videos, websites, advertising campaigns, email marketing, social media, and more
- Produce and proof proposals and marketing materials, pitch new business, and mentor direct reports in developing new business skills
We’re looking for:
- Someone who has at least four years professional experience writing for digital channels including email marketing programs, advertising and branding campaigns, video scripts, websites, etc.
- Someone who has professional experience managing a multi-person team
- Someone who has professional experience working directly with account managers, strategists, and creatives
- A passionate team member who is excited about our progressive clients, ideally with experience in political communications
- Someone who understands the power of words and enjoys finding the precise and intentional language that will drive people to action
- This position is based in our office in Washington, DC.
- Based on experience, applicants may instead be considered for a Director of Content Strategy position
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2019 and 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line with the subject line Associate Director of Content Strategy, and tell us how you heard about the job!